Monday, May 12, 2014

Weeks 11-13 Of My 2014 Challenge

I've been a little absent with posting lately. Our house has been crazy! We've had back to back, to back to back house guests for over a month, work has been crazy busy and of course our little man keeps me on my toes! Even though things have been crazy I have managed to keep up with my one new recipe a week.

In no particular order...

I actually strayed from the Food Network for once and tried Asian Lettuce Wraps from All Recipes. I'm going to be honest before this I had no idea what Boston Bibb lettuce was. I was wandering around the produce section and there it was! This cute little head of lettuce in a plastic clam shell that was still alive! This recipe calls for a lot of ingredients from the international food section in the grocery store. I was also wandering aimlessly in that aisle for a few minutes but found everything I was looking for. I did not purchase the Pickled ginger though...there is something about pickled anything that just makes me want to cringe. Once again this meal was a huge hit with the hubby. He liked the ground beef but said next time I should use chicken so they were more like P.F. Chang's. Also next time I think I'll add some shredded carrots and maybe mushrooms. There are tons of things that could be added that would be delicious!

And we're back to the Food Network for Lasagna Rolls! The hubby loves lasagna but it takes forever to make so this recipe was a totally different and fun tale on it. I followed the recipe exactly except for I forgot to add the spinach because I forgot to defrost it! So I'll just use it next time :) I would suggest adding a little more olive oil to the pasta so it doesn't stick together. Mine did and I was afraid it might so I added a few more noodles when I cooked the pasta. Luckily I had just enough noodles since some of mine were a sticky mess. Also the last 15 minutes when it says to add more cheese I didn't add more Parmesan, it already had so much in it and it just seemed like it was turning into cheese overload. I was asked to make this recipe once a week so hopefully whoever you're cooking it for enjoyed it as much as my hubby did.

Next up is Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce from the good ol' Food Network! I think I should get some free swag for plugging them in here so much what do you think? ;) I wasn't quite sure how this would turn out but who doesn't love cheese and pumpkin so I figured how can I go wrong putting them together? The pumpkin flavor was subtle and fantastic! Since it was an Alfredo sauce it was very rich so I think next time I make it it'll probably be a side dish to a chicken dish. I did mange to snap a picture of this meal.



Alright that wraps up weeks 11-13. I'll try to pop on here again this week to post more. I need to catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment