Thursday, May 15, 2014

Week 14 of My 2014 Challenge

Told you I'd be back this week! I'm actually typing this as I'm on hold with one of the companies we work with. Get time where you can find time right?

For week 14 I went back to the Food Network, you're surprised right?! I decided to try Beef Stew with Root Vegetables. The prep work for this was very minimal which was nice if you're crammed for time. I followed the directions exactly except for the beer part...it said add one can or bottle of beer so I did. But I think they might have meant 8oz and I used 16oz. This resulted in our home smelling like a brewery for the day and also the liquid didn't evaporate off quite as much as I would have like towards the end so I had to take some it and out and add some flour....and then take some more out and add more flour. Hee hee. My hubby said that it was a little bland, but he likes everything with a four alarm spice. I thought it was pretty good and I could defiantly taste the beer, but again I sued 16oz instead of 8oz. You live and you learn! Next time I'll just go with 8oz. The unique thing about this recipe was that it didn't have any potatoes, instead it had turnips. Carter (aka the hubby) LOVES potatoes and he didn't even notice they weren't in there! I think he thought the turnips were the potatoes! I got a good giggle out of that one myself. I did not end up taking a picture of this one because well it just wouldn't have photographed well. Of course the photo on the Food Network website is A+. I did snap a pic of this cutie though


As I said the prep work for this recipe was minimal and quick which was nice since this little guy was opening all the drawers in the kitchen. He really likes his dad's candy drawer and at one point I looked away for seriously 10 seconds and when I looked back he had a bag of Skittles in his hand. Nice try little dude, but not for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment