Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Week 9 of My 2014 Challenge

For week 9 we had some guests coming over so I decided to use them as a trial run for a new recipe. In the past when I've done this things haven't gone so well :) but this time they did! As usual I turned to the Food Network for my weekly recipe. I should just change the name of my 2014 Challenge to Food Network 2014 Challenge, I love every recipe I have tried off of their website. I don't actually watch the Food Network unless I'm at my dentists office getting my teeth cleaned but I'm a huge fan of their magazine.

Anyway back to the recipe...Honey-Mustard Chicken and Apples. I love honey-mustard, chicken and apples so I figured why not give it a try? I followed the recipe exactly except for the fresh parsley, I'm just not a huge fan of parsley, it just tastes weird to me so I left that out. Everything turned out great and my hubby and guests both loved the dinner.

I also made Spicy Quinoa with Sweet Potatoes and again I followed the recipe exactly. It tasted great but I think next time I might add in a little more lime juice. I could still taste the lime while I was earing it but the spices were overpowering it a little it so I think adding more would balance it out better. Unless you're a spice person then follow it exactly!  

No comments:

Post a Comment