Thursday, February 27, 2014

Week 8 of My 2014 Challenge

Again I am late posting for week 8, I'm really good about making the recipes but not about posting them in time. We've been traveling for work and then have had a ton of houseguests. I'm currently typing this entry from our room in Cabo San Lucas. I know, I know...rough but somebody's got to do it.



For week 8 I made Chicken Tortilla Casserole from a recipe by Trisha Yearwood, who by the way is Tim McGraw's wife. I'm probably one of the last people on the planet that didn't know that! Unlike last weeks muffin disaster this weeks recipe turned out fantastic. My hubby had a friend over that he hadn't seen in around 15 years, he reminded me that she was coming over about 3 hours before it was about to happen so I started scrambling for a new recipe. I wanted something easy to make and while the recipe didn't seem super easy it was actually fairly quick to pull everything together.

When I was making the chicken gravy I was obsessing/panicking a little that the gravy it seemed to be a bit too thick so I added a little more chicken stock. I'm not exactly sure how much more chicken stock because I wasn't measuring. I just poured it in the pan and stirred until I liked the looks of the consistency. Then when I was making the sauce I started to panic a bit about the consistency of that too, it seemed a little too watery.  Did I add too much extra chicken stock? But once it was baked it solidified more and everything turned out great.

Once again I didn't take a picture! I need to get better about doing that as well.  It's funny because I probably take 4-5 pictures a day of our kiddo and other random things but I can't remember to take a picture of my weekly meal. Also it looked fantastic and yummy. Even though once again it was in a white dish. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment