Sunday, February 2, 2014

Week 5 of My 2014 Challenge

For week 5 I decided to try making Baked Macaroni and Cheese. Once again I decided to browse the Food Network website and found a recipe by Alton Brown. Once again my hubby liked the meal, even though it was extremely healthy. I mean this is probably the most healthy macaroni and cheese you can make with using 12 ounces of sharp cheddar. I'm not sure how many of you have had the macaroni and cheese that Whole Foods has in their deli department but it was very similar to this one. Possibly the only thing I would change would be the onion. It was a little weird having an onion in macaroni and cheese...

 
 
Since this recipe is so healthy there are tons of things that I might add to it the next time I make it.  Sundried tomatoes, ham, chicken and gouda cheese were just a few things that came to mind.
 
 
I'm starting to get a little cabin fever living up here in Washington.  Today is another cold foggy day, but it's not raining so that's a plus!  I just would like to see a little more sun and perhaps a temperature up in the high 50's.  Since it's Washington the high 50's would feel like the high 60's!

2 comments:

  1. That looks amazing!! I love baked mac & cheese. Getting cabin fever down here as well - been "snowed in" since Thursday afternoon and I'm about to kill someone. I mean, hurt someone. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the snow is melted up here already :( Our car got stuck in it on Friday night though, lucky for us we were only 200 feet away from home lol

      Delete