Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Week 4 of My 2014 Challenge

Well week four came quick and I had to scramble to find something easy because this weekend I was tired!  My hubby loves his dad's meatloaf recipe so I decide to try these Lil Cheddar Meat Loaves from the Taste of Home website.


The recipe was super easy to make, the most time intensive part was cutting the onion.  I had leftovers for the next day and if you like to make meatloaf sandwiches this is the recipe for you.  I don't like meatloaf sandwiches but the hubby does, I just reheated mine in the oven and it tasted great for leftovers. 

Next time I'll probably either make less of the sauce to go on top of it or I'll put in less brown sugar and more ketchup.  The sauce was good but it was more of a BBQ sauce and a little too sweet so it was kind of a weird pairing.  Unless your totally into BBQ sauce then go exactly by the recipe.  When I was mixing everything together it was a little runny and I was kind of worried but it turned out great and got the hubby's seal of approval.  Have I mentioned how much I despise touching raw meat?  Ugh I really had to get in there and mix with my hands for this recipe, but it was worth it in the end.  I just washed my hands about five times afterwards.  :)

Has anyone ever been to a Barre class before?  I've been to a few before but the instructor that was teaching yesterday was intense.  My legs are defiantly feeling the burn today, so I'm gong to be limping to the grocery store for ingredients for this weeks recipe.  I'm thinking macaroni and cheese?


No comments:

Post a Comment