Friday, January 24, 2014

Week 3 of My 2014 Challenge

So this week I tried Vanilla Bean Scones from the Food Network. Y-U-M!  I followed the directions exactly except for the vanilla bean again.  I used 1tbs vanilla bean paste and 1tbs vanilla extract to substitute for the actual vanilla bean.  Scraping out the insides of a vanilla bean sounds like work so I cheated.

Just like last week I don't have a picture but the one from the Food Network. I tried to take one but it looked like a beige triangle on a white plate.  These were so good!  They tasted more like a dessert or a little something to go with your coffee.  Also I may or may not have gone a little heavy on the icing, next time I probably won't coat the bottom of the scones with it.

 
 
I think I need to get new dishes so I can take better pictures.  I just like white dishes because I heard somewhere that if you have your food on a white plate mentally it makes you eat less.  Not sure if that's true or not...but I like the idea of it!

1 comment:

  1. I wish we had white dishes - hmm, 10 year anniversary present, I think. ;) Again, another yummy looking dessert!

    ReplyDelete