Sunday, January 19, 2014

Week 2 Of My 2014 Challenge

Okay I know I'm a little late for posting week three on here! I got sick and then busy with everything else but I did cook a new recipe. I have seen Crock Pot Girl on Facebook and have been checking out a few of her recipes so I decided to try her Slow Cooker Ground Beef Lasagna Soup.  I know what you're thinking, it sounds questionable...but I assure you it was delicious.

 I followed the recipe exactly except for I didn't add the basil because I discovered that I was out and didn't want to make another trip to the store!  Next time I make it I will probably stir all the ingredients in together before I turn on the crock pot, it doesn't say to do that but I don't think a good stirring would hurt anything.  I did not take a picture of this one because it looked nothing like the one below that was on the website.



In fact mine looked downright disgusting!  After I put in the ricotta cheese and stirred it up it sort of resembled some regurgitated something or other.  But again I assure you it tasted delicious and once again passed my husband's taste test.  I'm two for two!!  I'm not sure I would label this as lasagna soup but more of a soupy lasagna?  It tasted exactly like lasagna that I had made in a crockpot that just had a little more sauce that you would normally have.  Anyway needless to say I will be making this one again in the future.

In other news I'm starting to wonder if any of my neighbors are going to take down their Christmas lights.  Is anyone else experience this?  I mean it's the 19th of January!  It's kind of weird to see two of our neighbors homes still decked out in Christmas lights and everyone else is decorated in a sea of blue, green and the number 12 for the Seahawks game today.  Except for our house which neither has Christmas decorations or Seahawks pride.  My hubby loves to work in the yard but decorating the house is just not his thing.

Oh and for those of you who are crafty out there check my friend Maria's blog.  She just posted her latest Graphic 45 project that she made for the design team.  Maria if you're reading this I had Cupcake Royale's Deathcake yesterday and it was fantastic!  I got one for you too but since you didn't take me up on my" get it the car at 11pm and drive up here" idea I had to take one for the team and eat yours as well.  I know that you would have done the same for me if you had been in the same situation.

1 comment:

  1. Ba ha, girl love it ... I wouldn't enjoyed a cupcake for you, too!! We were one of the last people last year to take down our Christmas lights ... but it was straight up laziness! Scott didn't remove our outside lights UNTIL JULY - maybe that's why we didn't get our deposit back? Lol ... and that soup looks fantastic! Perfect for this kinda weather. ;)

    ReplyDelete