Monday, July 27, 2015

Curry, Painting and the Kiddo Turns Two!

So if you haven't noticed I've been a little MIA for awhile now... Shortly after my last blog post our home unfortunately caught on fire and our life has been so chaotic! We are in the process of rebuilding right now so we are currently living in an apartment. When the whole thing happened I was tired and stressed out trying to find a place to live that would be comfortable for us until our home got repaired. I was on my third apartment showing of the day and the place looked fantastic! Sign me up! The day we moved in I mentioned to our nanny that I needed to go grocery shopping for the little guy and she said "Did you notice you don't have an oven?" Say what?!?! An oven is just one of those things that you would think comes with any living space. I walked in and was like, largish living area, check! Bathtub for the kid, check! Largish television for the hubby to watch sports on, check! Apparently I overlooked the oven ha ha. There is a shared oven for the building to use but depending on the day and the time there can be a line up. So...I've gotten creative with stove top meals!

My lovely friend Maria over at Paperiah (who by the way is seriously talented, check her out) shared this yummy Red Thai Curry recipe with me.  It is SO DELICIOUS! It was even husband approved and I've made it twice now. The only thing that I changed up was I used fresh chicken instead of frozen chicken tenders. I cooked them in the peanut oil and them set them aside to finish up the rest of the recipe.



This little guy turned two last week. Yes two!



I mean seriously? Two? This is all flying by way to fast for me. I asked him if he had fun at his birthday party and he goes "No" I said "You didn't have any fun?" and he goes "Nope". So that's new phase we are going thru ha ha! I don't even think he realizes what he's saying no and nope to.

I've been trying to pick out paint colors for our house for the last two weeks now. I have the hardest time committing to a paint color! The colors can look totally different depending on the lighting and even the time of day, morning versus night. I mean I know it's just a paint color but that's currently what I'm stressing out about right now. Silly I know. But...I'm off to the paint store again right now. I'll let you know if I decide on anything! Wish me luck! 




No comments:

Post a Comment