Tuesday, October 28, 2014

October Traditions

I am like a 4 year old when it comes to holidays. During October I love going to corn mazes, pumpkin patches, drinking hot apple cider and carving pumpkins. And I've been dragging my husband to these events for the last 12 years. :) He's a trooper! But he did admit the other day that even though doing these things might not be what he wants to do at the moment but once he gets there he has a lot of fun and looks back later with happy memories. I'm not sure if our kiddo will remember the younger years of these traditions when he gets older but I'll remember the look on his face when he sees something for the first time.

Last year my hubby was busy and I wanted to go to the pumpkin patch so I called up one of my friends who has a child who is just 6 weeks younger than ours. She was totally excited to go so we drove out to the country and hung out with our kids for a few hours. There was a photographer there taking pictures and I of course just had to have one! As you can see I have a huge grin on my face and Jaxson was less than thrilled.



This year when we went it was pouring down rain and extremely windy. The wind actually got up to 60 mph and knocked out our power for three days. But like true Washingtonians we were going to make it rain or shine! When we got to the pumpkin patch the same photographer was there from last year that had taken our pictures so naturally I needed him to take our picture again and this time my hubby was there! So we sat on the wet hay bales in three layers of clothing all coated in mud. And this year again Jaxson did not disappoint with the picture! 



I'm a little worried that he might be the class clown once he enters his school years... If any of you live up in western Washington I would highly recommend checking out The Farm at Swan's Trail in Snohomish. You could literally spend all day there! They have a corn maze, hay maze, pumpkin patch, petting zoo, apple picking, great bbq'd food and I could go on forever! 


1 comment:

  1. Love these photos! Wish I could've done all those fun fall traditions with ya. I, too, love the holidays and turn into a kid! Somehow, I got Scott to help me bring his parents 9' Christmas tree in from the garage. (Promise all that's going on it is white lights for now.)

    ReplyDelete