Wednesday, September 17, 2014

2014 Challenge?

To be honest, I've missed two weeks for the 2014 challenge and have had literally no time to post anything in months!!! My husband was just out of town and I had to hold down the office by myself, do interviews for a new nanny, try to work from home and had the little guy 24/7. I don't know how single working mom's do it, so kudos to those of you that are! Although I had all of that on my plate I decided since my husband was gone for six days it felt like six weeks of unlimited free time to myself after the kiddo went to bed so what did I decide to do? Relax? Pfft! Of course not relaxing is overrated! I decided to completely redecorate a room in our home, paint and everything.

First I had to do prep work, remove nails and cover with putty, fix hole in the wall my husband put there because he decided he wanted to run the phone line from the room next door into this one...


Then I had to test the paint, I'll be honest when I put it on the wall I was so used to the typical beige color all home seller use to paint every room I was a little skeptical.


But I decided change was good and that I needed to stick with it! Plus there was now a giant tiffany blue swatch on my wall and a hole covered with white spackle so there was no turning back! In retrospect I probably should have moved all the furniture out of the room while attempting to paint but I knew the little dude would get into everything so I just crammed everything into the middle of the room. This is where going in the gym five days a week paid off! :)


Super messy I know, don't judge! When I finally get everything up on the wall I take an after picture. At least I got the painting done right?

No comments:

Post a Comment